RE: [avr-chat] FTDI232 chips & Missing data

From: Matt.VanDeWerken
Subject: RE: [avr-chat] FTDI232 chips & Missing data
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 10:46:10 +1000

That's the next step; Unfortunately flow control is not available in our
system due to the legacy nature of some of the hardware, so it's either
solve this problem, or use Real Serial Ports for the comms. I suspect
the problem can be solved by using larger buffers for the USB receive;
this can be set using an inf file under windows CE apparently. We have
Real Serial Ports in the host computer, but would have preferred to not
use them as we cannot guarantee they'll still be around in 10 years.

I'm doing the other end (the AVR end), so it's not really my problem,
except that the guy who's having the problem is calling me every hour or
so, and I'd rather do other things than try to solve his problems...

Cheers,
Matthew van de Werken - Electronics Engineer
CSIRO E&M - Rock Mass Characterisation - 1 Technology Court - Pullenvale
- 4069
p: (07) 3327 4142 * f: (07) 3327 4455 * e: address@hidden
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our
children."
-- Native American Proverb