[avr-chat] avrdude safemode can't change fuses

From: Chris Bare
Subject: [avr-chat] avrdude safemode can't change fuses
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 18:23:37 -0500 (EST)

I'm very new to working with the avr32, but I've been successfully compiling
little programs and downloading them with the command:

avrdude -p m32 -c stk200 -e -U flash:w:servotest.hex:i

it worked a minute ago, but now when I run it, avrdude says:

avrdude: safemode: lfuse changed! Was 73, and is now ff
Would you like this fuse to be changed back? [y/n] y
avrdude: and COULD NOT be changed
avrdude: safemode: hfuse changed! Was 7b, and is now ff
Would you like this fuse to be changed back? [y/n] y
avrdude: and COULD NOT be changed
avrdude: safemode: Fuses not recovered, sorry

does this mean my chip is toast?
--
Chris Bare
address@hidden