[avr-chat] Verify failure programming an AT90S1200-12PC

From: Alex Shepherd
Subject: [avr-chat] Verify failure programming an AT90S1200-12PC
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 20:19:33 +1300

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to program a HEX file into a AT90S1200-12PC using my Dontronics
DT006 Dev PCB, with an Atmel ATAVRISP programmer with V2 firmware, from
AVRStudio v4.12. I'm using a 10 MHz resonator on the DT006 if it makes a
difference.

I can read the signature bytes ok and is happy about them, but after I
program the flash, it fails to verify.

When I change the AT90S1200-12PC for a AT90S2313-10PC on the same DT006 PCB,
I can program and verify the same HEX file ok.

Is there anything special about the AT90S1200 that needs special handling to
program/verify?

I'm actually trying to get the AVR TIRUS RFID Reader project from the
Oct-2005 Elektor magazine going.

TIA

Cheers

Alex Shepherd