Re: [avr-chat] USI

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] USI
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 20:15:31 +0100 (MET)

Keith Gudger <address@hidden> wrote:

> 1) Has anyone used the USI to implement I2C or SPI?  Does it work as
> well as the dedicated hardware?  Any known problems?

I tried, but was a bit frightened when then studying the appnote for
it, and had to see that you've got a lot of ``legwork'' to do there.
Things like generating start conditions aren't done by the USI for
you, you have to pull the pins appropriately.  The USI then only does
the actual bit shifting.

However, as the code is there (as usual, needs minor adaptations for
GCC), I think you could use it as a starting point.