Re: [avr-chat] Reset function?

From: Ian Caddy
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Reset function?
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 09:04:53 +0800

hi Matt,

We do this in our kernel by using the following code:

/* Prototype */
void __vectors(void);

        /* It is time to start again */
        CRITICAL();
        __vectors();

The CRITICAL macro just disables interrupts, and the vectors function is just the start of the vector table for gcc.

It works fine for us. Hope this helps.

regards,

Ian Caddy

address@hidden wrote:
Hi all:

I have on my Mega128 a kernel running with a command processor. A
command I'd like to add is a reset command, to return the processor to
the initial state. I thought I could do this with setjmp/longjmp, but it
just seems to hang the processor.

Is there an easy way to do it without toggling a hardware line?

Cheers,
Matthew van de Werken - Electronics Engineer
CSIRO E&M - Rock Mass Characterisation - 1 Technology Court - Pullenvale
- 4069
p: (07) 3327 4142 * f: (07) 3327 4455 * e: address@hidden
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our
children." -- Native American Proverb