[avr-chat] Use of JtagIce programming on Debugwire parts?

From: Steve Franks
Subject: [avr-chat] Use of JtagIce programming on Debugwire parts?
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 08:08:40 -0700

So,

Anybody know if the JtagIceII will program debug wire parts (i.e
Mega168), or does one need to program them first with an avrisp or
similar, then hook up the jtagice to debug?  I've poured over all the
manuals, and this seems to be 'secret' information.  I do know jtagice
won't program jtag parts (i.e. Mega128) over the isp pins, so I assume
I am going to be rather annoyed by having to change back & forth
between programmers when debugging code changes on my 168.

Steve