Re: [avr-chat] Viewing SFRs in gdb

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Viewing SFRs in gdb
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 21:38:24 +0200 (MET DST)

Rick Mann <address@hidden> wrote:

> Can someone please tell me how to properly look at an SFR in GDB?

In theory, there's an "info io_registers" command.  However, this
seems to break every now and then in GDB itself.  My FreeBSD port has
a patch for one of the breakages, but it appears it's still broken
inside GDB anyway.

Then, it's only partially supported from the backends.  I think
simulavr supports it, but AVaRICE only supports it for a few targets.

Finally, it doesn't allow you to look at a *single* IO register, alas.

It's probably best to craft a .gdbinit file for your project
containing aliases for the most important IO registers you need, and
source that one upon each invocation.