Re: [avr-chat] Problems sending byte to ATmega128 via USART0 when MCU is

From: Hugo González Monteverde
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Problems sending byte to ATmega128 via USART0 when MCU is streaming bytes out.
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 23:12:42 -0600

Rick Mann wrote:

The problem I'm running into is this. If the mega128 sends data at rate of 7 bytes every 1/200th of a second, at 76800 baud, and I attempt to send a single byte from the PowerBook to the BT module, that byte never seems to show up. I'm watching on the 'scope to make sure RTS/CTS stay asserted, and also looking for traffic on TX and RX. I can see the traffic being sent to the PowerBook, but that byte from the PowerBook to the BT module's MCU output never shows up.

Tho things come to mind: the char device is buffered as it is UNIX. What are you using to send that byte? What program? Can you force a flush of the buffer?

What about clock rate? Isn't the error rate in the AVR UART too high?

Hugo