Re: [avr-chat] Argh it happened again: compiler cannot create executable

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Argh it happened again: compiler cannot create executables
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 08:29:34 +0200

As Rick Mann wrote:

> >Please do just that.

> Unfortunately, I can't even figure out which config.log it is.

If you had told me which file it actually was, I could tell you for
sure.  My guess is it's the one from libssp, am I right?

> >| #define PACKAGE_NAME "libssp"

libssp is not supported under AVR anyway, so please configure with
--disable-libssp.

If it were supported, you'd need to bootstrap the entire system by
first compiling just the compiler with --disable-libssp, install it,
compile the target library, and then reconfigure for libssp, as libssp
wants to compile binaries for the target CPU.