Re: [avr-chat] 32768 Hz clock

From: Royce Pereira
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] 32768 Hz clock
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 11:30:25 +0530

Hi,
On Wed, 24 May 2006 10:15:44 +0530, Hugo González Monteverde <address@hidden>
wrote:

 > However, comparing to my wristwatch,  I find my clock falls behind about
 > 1 minute every hour, so after 10 hrs, it's behind by 10 mins! My code
 > above seems OK. Are there any hardware issues I need to address? Thanks
 > for any help!

This is realted to the capacitances you connect to the crystal.  I am
not an expert at this, but check application notes for crystal
considerations, such as the one from Dallas. They actually explain a bit:

Interesting, but this was not the cause of the problem. This happens to be an
old thread. One of the members replied correctly- my ISR was too long, not
finishing before the next interrupt came! The solution may be found in the avr
chat archives:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/avr-chat/2006-04/msg00050.html

Thanks to all who replied!

Regards,