Re: [avr-chat] Can avrdude-5.3.1 handle stk500v1 and ATtiny15?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Can avrdude-5.3.1 handle stk500v1 and ATtiny15?
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 07:51:32 +0100

As Erik Christiansen wrote:

> > I'm also attaching a temptative fix that reduces the number of
> > extended parameters to just the size of EEPROM in case PAGEL and
> > BS2 are not defined.

> I'll try your tentative fix tonight. It sounds very promising.

Of course, I'm particularly interested whether the segfault still
happens.

> > > resulted in a segmentation fault.

> > Can you analyze that?

> I looked for a core dump, to hook up to gdb, but either none was
> created, or I didn't look hard enough.

Other option: just run avrdude inside GDB straight from the beginning.

> > Any chance to upgrade the device to a v2 firmware?

> IIRC, that requires an M$ platform, because only winavr can do that?

As Eric already mentioned, it requires AVR Studio, as these firmware
files are part of AVR Studio.  Also, they are in some scrambled or
encrypted format that only avrprog.exe can handle. :-(