Re: [avr-chat] ATMega 645 USART problem.

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] ATMega 645 USART problem.
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 23:42:41 +0200 (MET DST)

Marc Moreau <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'd like a verification that this doesn't work with the atmega645.

Don't have an ATmega645 around but only an ATmega6490, but they should
have the same register structure (minus the LCD controller which the
'645 obviously lacks).  As I didn't have a reliable 14.xx MHz clock
source around on my STK504, I used the internal clock of 8 MHz, and
thus had to decrease the baud rate to 38400 Bd in order to maintain a
tolerable baud rate error.

Given that, everything works as you wrote it though.  Well, your test
program lacks the initialization of port B for output to drive the
LEDs (or whatever).