[avr-chat] JTAG ICE probe cable length

From: Juergen Harms
Subject: [avr-chat] JTAG ICE probe cable length
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 21:34:02 +0200

The JTAG ICE (MK2) comes with a relatively short cable (about 20cm). Does somebody have experience using a short (how long?) extension cable?

A longer cable would facilitate debugging / re-programming targets that are located inside some box. I realise, signal rates are high and with long extensions the JTAG will certainly not work - but can one do just a little bit better than the 20cm? (on my board, the distance between the probe plug and the target is short - < 5cm)

Juergen