Re: [avr-chat] GPS based digital clock

From: Royce Pereira
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] GPS based digital clock
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 10:11:56 +0530

Hi, Chris,

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 20:58:10 +0530, Chris Albertson <address@hidden> wrote:

> --- Royce Pereira <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> The GPS could be hooked up to a old ascii terminal or printer.
> The output test is just a set of lines that repeat every second.

So of I connect the serial output of the GPS receiver to my PC & configure &
run Hyperterminal(yes, Windows) or any terminal emulator programme, I can see
the string transmitted by the device...right?

> I think the best use of the GPS in your case wuld be to automatically
> set and adjust a crystal driven clock.  Then you dis-connect the GPS.

The GPS device does transmit the Universal Time (GMT??)does it not? Can't this
be used directly?

Thanks,
--Royce.