[avr-chat] Endless loop in AVR?

From: Wojtek Dabrowski
Subject: [avr-chat] Endless loop in AVR?
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 10:04:49 +0200

Hello everybody!

I have a funny problem here. This is the testing code that I tried to
put onto my ATtiny2313:

int main(void) {
  DDRD = 0xff;
  PORTD = 0xff;

  while(1) {
  }

  return(0);
}

The way I understand it, after a reset, all the diodes on port D should
light up and stay on - I've got an infinite loop there, right?

Funny thing is, the diodes light up when I press the reset button, but
as soon as I let go, they go off again. It looks like the uc is so fast
that it finishes an infinite loop in a fraction of a second ;)

It can't be the optimization - I've compiled it with -O0, and the same
thing still happens.

Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks a lot in advance,
-Wojtek