Re: [avr-chat] Krypto Algo needed

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Krypto Algo needed
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 21:26:51 -0500

On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 09:18:09AM -0400, Bob Paddock wrote:

LibTomCrypt is the on mentioned in the WinAVR documentation:

http://libtom.org/?page=features&newsitems=5&whatfile=crypt

"LibTomCrypt is a fairly comprehensive, modular and portable
cryptographic toolkit that provides developers with a vast array of
well known published block ciphers, one-way hash functions, chaining
modes, pseudo-random number generators, public key cryptography and a
plethora of other routines.

LibTomCrypt has been designed from the ground up to be very simple to
use. It has a modular and standard API that allows new ciphers, hashes
and PRNGs to be added or removed without change to the overall end
application. It features easy to use functions and a complete user
manual which has many source snippet examples.

I second the recommendation of LibTomCrypt. But I suggest one play with
its functions in a native supported environment. Then once one
identifies the modules one needs, gets some practice using them, strip
them out of the API when moving to the AVR. The LibTomCrypt API is
stack-heavy.

LibTomCrypt is free for all purposes under the public domain. This
includes commercial use, redistribution and even branching."

The best possible license, Public Domain!

Has been several months since I last had my nose in LibTomCrypt but
believe there has been some work at pulling interesting modules out for
lite embedded use.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden