[avr-chat] Problems with AVR microcontrollers for use with avrdude & stk

From: Paul Lowe
Subject: [avr-chat] Problems with AVR microcontrollers for use with avrdude & stk500
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 18:06:12 -0800

Hi,

I've been trying to use the STK500 and the ATmega8515, ATmega32,
ATmega342P, and ATmega16 microcontrollers with avrdude and the stk500.

For some reason, the only chip I was able to program with avrdude was
the ATmega8515.

All other chips give me an error message like:

"avrdude: failed to write command .... 128"

I have no idea what the problem is. I've searched all over Google to no
avail.

Has anyone here successfully been able to program the ATmega32 with an
STK500 and avrdude?

Thanks,

Paul Lowe
address@hidden