Re: [avr-chat] AVR GCC and IAR C Compioler

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] AVR GCC and IAR C Compioler
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 20:44:06 -0600

On Dec 24, 2007, at 3:55 AM, Ruwan Jayanetti wrote:

I'm planning to use AVR GCC or IAR C compiler for few commercial projects that the code is critical. I'm using GCC for a long time for none critical device development and compiler works so far beautifully. Anybody got any competitive info on this or any recommendation?

Even for not-that-critical code you should review the generated assembly to make sure its not doing something unexpected.

With avr-gcc about the worst I've found called a library support routine in a place I'd rather it didn't.

Otherwise review of generated assembly helps learn how to write C the compiler likes.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden