[avr-chat] Adiovox BTR-4000 Li-ion Battery Charging

From: Robert L Cochran
Subject: [avr-chat] Adiovox BTR-4000 Li-ion Battery Charging
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 14:07:03 -0400

I want to charge an Audiovox brand, model BTR-4000, battery pack which
is shrouded in a solid plastic case that actually snaps into the back of
a cell phone. The cell phone was mailed to me by a relative who no
longer uses it. The battery itself measures 3.2v and might be rescued
with a prompt recharge.

My object is to recycle this battery to power my breadboard experiments.

The battery looks like this (I apologize for using only English language
websites...I'm only fluent in English and have a working knowledge of
American sign language.)

http://www.duracelldirect.com/part_b-7610.aspx?equiv=BTR4000

My question is: can I safely solder a 2-pin JST connector to the
positive and negative terminals of this type of battery? Or should I
just tape down the conductors of the JST connector with electrical tape?

Thanks

Bob Cochran
Greenbelt, Maryland, USA