Re: [avr-chat] cheap DIY programming cables: anything on USB

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] cheap DIY programming cables: anything on USB
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 18:35:50 +0100

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 17:30:13 +0100
"Tillmann Krauss" <address@hidden> wrote:

> As a pure programmer i would suggest USB-Prog as a AVRISP mk2 Clone for 22
> Euro + shipping.

> http://www.embedded-projects.net/index.php?page_id=165

Thanks for the link.
Price and complexity/feature wise, it's too close to the Dragon though.
I was looking at somthing either dirty cheap or easy DIY.
I think I will just wait for Graham to get some Dragons then.

However once they get the JTAG ICE MK2 feature working, it would become
really very interesting since the Dragon is limited to 32KB for
debugging.

Then we will have the choice between two affordable debuggers, Graham's
ICE cube in the US, and this USB-Prog in Europe. It's nice to see how
these nice AVR MCUs and the whole tool chain, are getting incredibly
cheap/popular, more and more as time passes ! :-)

--
Vince