[avr-chat] ATTiniy 167 / Float

From: Erwan MARC
Subject: [avr-chat] ATTiniy 167 / Float
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 08:41:00 +0200

Hello,

In our application, we have to make some mathematical operations and first idea was to use directly float operations. As a result, we can see that as soon as we use float data, there is a block of 256 bytes used in RAM (_clz_tab) used (even if only a cast U32 => F32 is made).
This is a very important amount of bytes for such a small component!

We know it is often better to work in "fix decimal" manner, even if for code size it is worse, for RAM it is really better. If we keep solution with float numbers, do you have a way to avoid such amount of lost bytes in RAM?

Regards

EM