[avr-chat] getting started with AVRDUDE on STK500

From: Irving Ruan
Subject: [avr-chat] getting started with AVRDUDE on STK500
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 20:04:33 -0700

If it's no problem, could someone kindly point me in the right direction on where to get started with this? I'm relatively new to embedded programming and haven't found exactly what I was looking for in the avrdude documention. I have an STK500 (ATmega324p) and a USB to RS-232 adapter. I have the libusb-dev package on ubuntu 9.04, and have avrdude compiled. What steps/precautions should I take from here on out? Can avrdude be integrated with CodeBlocks IDE on linux?

I'm trying to get this all working on Linux so I can move away from development on Windows.

- Irving

--
Irving Y. Ruan
address@hidden