Re: [avr-chat] ATmega325 on STK501?

From: Ruud Vlaming
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] ATmega325 on STK501?
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 23:15:25 +0200

On Wednesday 02 September 2009 21:07, Joerg Wunsch wrote:
> Ruud Vlaming <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > The ATmega325 is listed for the addon device STK502.
> > i don't have that one, but i have the STK501. And, the atmega325 is
> > pin compatible in all relevant aspects with the atmega64 (supported
> > on the STK501).
>
> Nope, it isn't: the historical ATmega103-compatible (mis)routing of
> the ISP data lines (PDI/PDO rather than MISO/MOSI) no longer applies
> to the 64-pin LCD ATmegas and their LCD-less counterparts.
Thanks a lot Joerg! Checking the circuit indeed revealed that
connection. I would never suspected that! With this info
it was a piece of cake to get the mega325 running on the
STK501. Just manually connect reset and sck on the isp
connectors, but reroute mosi/miso to pbt2/pbt3 on the
Expand1 connector.

Ruud.