[avr-chat] New AVR Dragon software (Studio 4.18rc4) won't cooperate

From: Heike C. Zimmerer
Subject: [avr-chat] New AVR Dragon software (Studio 4.18rc4) won't cooperate
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 18:41:34 +0100

AVR Studio 4.18 comes with AVR Dragon software which removes the 32k
debugging barrier. So I happily installed AVR Studio 4.18 Release
Candidate 4 from http://www.atmel.no/beta_ware/ on a Windows machine
and updated my 2 Dragons.

The result was: they cooperated neither with avrdude nor with avarice
any more, reporting wrong device IDs (avarice: 0xffff for both
ATmega32 and ATmega644, avrdude: 0x70febb instead of 0x139307 for an
ATmega8). I had to reinstall an older version of AVR Studio and
downgrade the Dragons using it to get them into a usable state again.

Did anybody encounter the same issue? Or is an updated version of
these tools available or planned?

Heike