Re: [avr-chat] Re: [avr-libc-dev] [bug #32322] snprintf() Hex conversion

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Re: [avr-libc-dev] [bug #32322] snprintf() Hex conversion field width specifiers malfunction
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 22:39:40 +0100 (MET)

Rick Mann <address@hidden> wrote:

> I actually don't need the "#" flag for my purposes. The problem I
> initially encountered was that "%02x" didn't zero-pad. That might've
> been due to the minimal library not doing padding

Exactly.  That's why it is called a "minimal" library: it removes
everything that's not really essential for the job, in order to reduce
the code size to a minimum.  The only idea behind that is, if you fail
to use the standard version due to the overall application size being
just over the device's limit, yet you do want printf & friends anyway
(e.g. for some debugging outputs), the minimal version might be the
one just getting you below the barrier again.