[avr-chat] Bus_Contention_Resistors

From: John Sheley
Subject: [avr-chat] Bus_Contention_Resistors
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 21:34:57 +0000

I want to employ an “avrisp” programmer on one of my testers.  I would like to place bus contention resistors in the signal paths.  The resistor protects the equipment from missocketed DUTS and sick DUTS.

DUT--------Rbc------AVRISP

I would like to know if someone has actually implemented this idea.  Also what is the maximum bus speed of the “AVRISP” 10MHz? 5MHz 3MHz?  This affects the maximum resistor size that you can use.

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Cat=2621880&k=avrisp

John H. Sheley

Sustaining Engineer

Veris