[avr-chat] AvrDude/tiny2313/Ponyprog

From: Tony Montgomery-Smith
Subject: [avr-chat] AvrDude/tiny2313/Ponyprog
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 19:01:33 +0000

Hi

I'm using AvrDude 5.11 on a Windows XP PC to program a Tiny2313 and
Tiny 4313. The connection in via a (real) serial port to an OLIMEX
AVR-PG1B (SERIAL PORT) 10 PIN ICSP
AVR MICROCONTROLLER PROGRAMMER.

On both the Tiny 2313 and 4313 I keep getting "avrdude: verification
error; content mismatch", although I have had occasional successes
with the Tiny 2313.

Ponyprog programs the Tiny 2313 with 100% success. I need to get
AvrDude working, because Ponyprog won't handle the Tiny 4313.

The fuses were set using AvrDude to 8Mz. I know this was successful on
the Tiny2313.

I guess that, if PonyProg works, and AvrDude doesn't, it must be a
matter of different timings. Would greatly appreciate some assistance.

Tony MS