Re: [avr-chat] Sample program for ATmeGA128RFA1

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Sample program for ATmeGA128RFA1
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 08:46:47 +0200 (MET DST)

Devyani Godbole <address@hidden> wrote:

> I need a sample program for ATmega128RFA1 board by sparkfunn.

What actually would you expect from a sample program?  A flashing LED?
A CW transmission on a particular 2.4 GHz frequency to measure with a
spectrum analyzer?  A complete frame exchange including auto-ACK with
another ATmega128RFA1?

Btw., the RF layout of the Sparkfun board is much less than optimal.
Don't expect too much RF performance from it.  They routed the
(unimportant) digital fanout lines in an optically pleasant way, but
the RF traces bend their way through the PCB just where there was
space, and the grounding of the balun doesn't deserve that name at
all.  I wouldn't be surprised if the board performs 20 dB below what
the ATmega128RFA1 actually could do.

(Sorry for the rant, but it's really that terrible.)
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/