[avr-chat] AVRs and IEC60730

From: David VanHorn
Subject: [avr-chat] AVRs and IEC60730
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 14:57:47 -0600

I've been reading this guide from Atmel:
http://www.atmel.com/Images/doc7715.pdf

They mention what needs to be tested, but not how to accomplish it.

I'm interested in knowing thoughts on how to achieve this in non-spaghetticode ASM.
Note that the premise is that there may be something wrong with the processor itself, and the trick is how to prove that you aren't insane.  :)

For example, you couldn't even rely on passing back a success or failure indication since any mechanism you could use may be failed, and you can't even count on RET working, or the sanity check code ever being executed in the first place.

Thoughts?