[avr-chat] Basic Atmel Studio Use Tutorial

From: Rick Mann
Subject: [avr-chat] Basic Atmel Studio Use Tutorial
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 11:51:55 -0700

Since I really need to debug my little project, I decided to try to use Atmel
Studio 6.1. I've been able to build the examples and debug with them, but I
can't figure out how to just get my handful of source files into a project to
build.

I created a new project, selected my target, and got a template project with a
generic main.c and some ASF files.

I removed (not deleted) those from the project, and added my files. But when I
"Build USERAPPLICATION3", I get

Error   1       undefined reference to `main'
/tbuild/jenkins/workspace/avr8-gnu-toolchain/src/avr-libc/crt1/gcrt1.S  52
1       USER_APPLICATION3
Error   2       ld returned 1 exit status       collect2.exe    0       0
USER_APPLICATION3

I noticed that the "Build Action" for all my files was set to "None", so I set
them to "compile". But I still get that error.

So, is there a tutorial on how to create a project and add files? Everything I
find shows how to create a project and build using that template, but I want to
build only my existing files.

Thanks!

--
Rick