Re: [avr-chat] What revision of a chip do I have?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] What revision of a chip do I have?
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 23:05:44 +0200 (MET DST)

Rick Mann <address@hidden> wrote:

> My part has device ID and revision bytes:
>
>       >>> dump flash 0x90 4
>       0090 0c 94 3d 01

No, this is the standard flash, and this is simply a part of the
vector table (JMP 0x27A). ;-)

You probably need to read the production signature row.

> But I don't know what that means. The markings are "ATXMEGA256A3U AU
> 1235".

That doesn't mean anything, except it's an ATxmega256A3U, produced
in 2012, week 35.

There must be another number on it that ends in a letter.  This
letter would be the revision.

> I don't know if the AVR Dragon page includes A3U when they say A3.

A3 and A3U are different, but I seem to remember even the A3U has
limitations for the Dragon.  Of course, an A3 revision A is something
else than an A3U revision A.  Revision numbering (lettering ;) starts
anew for each device.
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/