Re: [avr-chat] Debugging with AVR ISP Mk II via PDI?

From: Rick Mann
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Debugging with AVR ISP Mk II via PDI?
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 15:17:26 -0700

On May 27, 2013, at 14:07 , Joerg Wunsch <address@hidden> wrote:

> Sure, it does.  Unless you've got a very old one with the first
> hardware revision.  These were not capable of talking PDI at all
> (serial number starts with "A").

That's good to know. For some reason, I thought it couldn't do debugging, only
programming. Mine can certainly program via PDI, and with avrdude, does so
quite well.

Mine is labeled:

AVRISP mkII Main uni
A09-0002/03
SN:0200056408
2010.06.24
Made in Malaysia
(and there's a QR code).

So, there is a serial number that does NOT start with A, and another number
that does.

> Atmel doesn't document any of the debugging protocols.

Figures. Is this because they don't want anyone else developing debugging tools
for PDI?

--
Rick