Re: [avr-chat] Support for JTAGICE3 on avrdude

From: Martin Stejskal
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Support for JTAGICE3 on avrdude
Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 14:11:44 +0200

Hi,
 Answer: no, but as You can see, it works :) Ideally you should not edit source code. Properly you should have header file inttypes.h (which is usually in /usr/include/ ) in your system and set GCC path to this header file (GCC should be preconfigured to see header files). I think You do not have develop libraries installed on your system, so this may cause this error.
 Anyway after compilation does not matter.

Martin

After a firmware upgrade of my JTAGICE3 (1.25 -> 3.23) my JTAGIC3 had become totally unusable: avrdude 6.0.1 failed top open the USB port (... did not find any device "usb"). Some googling showed that this is a known problem, and which has been fixed on avrdude-6.1.

But, building 6.1 on my Mandriva platform (for a plain install from the tarball and, evidently also for building an rpm package) failed due to compiler errors in the modules flip1.c and flip2.c - which use uint32_t in declarations, but uint32_t is not defined.

Is this a known problem? Intuitively, I added a "typedef int uint32_t", which made the problem go away (easier to implement than expicitely changing all instances of the uint32_t declarations) - or is there an include that should be added?. Result: the programmer works again as it should.

Note: it appears that the upgrade also changed the USB ID from 03eb:2110 to 03eb:2140 - there is also the need to change the udev rules correspondingly, possibly also in the rpm package in case that adds the rule for the JTAGICE3

Question: I do not like to depend on intuition - is this a proper way to fix the compilation problem in avrdude 6.1?

Juergen