Re: [avr-chat] Support for JTAGICE3 on avrdude

From: Juergen Harms
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Support for JTAGICE3 on avrdude
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 22:35:58 +0200

The attachment is a patch file that adapts the "configure" script file of the avrdude-6.1 tarball to correctly detect the availablity of all required header files (according to what I described in my last email - 06/04/2014 10:03 AM - sorry for the zig-zag in arriving there).

I have used this patch file for (a) installing the package from the tarball and (b) building an rpm package for Mageia and testing these packages. The problem of the missing definition of type uint32_t is solved, and the thus installed avrdude works without flaw; it correctly supports my JTAGICE3 (with the updated firmware as provided by AtmelStudio 6.2).

The patch also makes the "configure" script recognize some other header files which the unpatched script had considered as missing in spite of the files being available in the system. Even if avrdude works without an explicit include of these files, I consider it correct to use the header files as they are provided by the system.

Jürgen