Re: [avr-chat] Problem with Avrdude after upgrade

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Problem with Avrdude after upgrade
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 08:55:34 +0200 (CEST)

Russell Loewe <address@hidden> wrote:

> avrdude -F -p m328 -c usbtiny -B 8 -U flash:w:main.hex avrdude: Error:
> Invalid -P value: '/dev/parport0' Use -P usb:bus:device This is the exact
> command that I had previously used to program the exact same chip as before.

The question is where that /dev/parport0 might come from.

The "usbtiny" programmer is USB-attached, so specifying a parallel
port for it makes no sense at all.  Do you perhaps have a default
port specified in your .avrduderc?  The official avrdude.conf
entry for "usbtiny" says:

programmer
  id    = "usbtiny";
  desc  = "USBtiny simple USB programmer,
http://www.ladyada.net/make/usbtinyisp/";;
  type  = "usbtiny";
  connection_type = usb;
  usbvid     = 0x1781;
  usbpid     = 0x0c9f;
;

where it clearly says the connection goes through usb.

Of course, it's always possible to override this from the
commandline with "-P usb", but you might want to find the
actual cause for the misconfiguration on your site.
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/