[avr-chat] Postscript: Re: order of modules to linker

From: Erik Christiansen
Subject: [avr-chat] Postscript: Re: order of modules to linker
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2018 13:11:45 +1100

On 06.01.18 15:21, georg chambert wrote:
> I used external in the file containing main, however outside main, to
> get the linker to include two ISRs that were located in the .a and one
> of the .o files

While I don't use 'C' to provide my vector table or ISRs, ISTR that the
practice there has long been to provide weak jumps to __bad_interrupt,
to be overwritten by the strong symbols provided with your ISRs.

That works if your ISRs are in an object file, but there is nothing to
pull them in from an archive, AFAICT without seeing your code. What was
done to provide a need to pull in the ISR from the library?

Erik