avr-gcc-list

[avr-gcc-list] Initializers and prog_mem

From: Jesper Hansen
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Initializers and prog_mem
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 00:09:46 +0200

Hi !

Have anybody succeded in allocation an array of strings in prog_mem ???

Here's what I want to do :

/////////////////////
struct test_t {
    uint8 (*fn)(void);
    char *str;
} tests[] = {
 {func1,"text1"},
 {func_2,"text2"},
 {0,0}
};
I want the two texts to be allocated directly in the program memory.
Not matter how I turn it around and try to use the prog_char type, I can't
get it to work. GCC always complain about the initializers.

Even this simple stuff won't work :

prog_char *ss[] = {"aaa","bbb"};

Which is actually obvious as the progmem attribute belongs to "*ss" and not
to "*ss[]".
But how the *&/"#%! does I describe that ?

/Jesper