avr-gcc-list

Re: [avr-gcc-list] GDB5.0 for avr under linux

From: Daniel Quintero
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] GDB5.0 for avr under linux
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 13:23:35 +0200

Hi Karsten

> I successful compiled an tested binutils 2.11 and gcc3.0 for avr under
Linux.
> Now I'm trying to get gdb running. Has somebody experience to compile
> gdb5.0 for target=avr or get gdb4.18 running with gcc3.0 and binutils 2.11
> under Linux.
> Any hint are welcome.

I've moving my avr develop enviroment to linux these days, at this moment is
working gcc3.0, binutils 2.1 and avr-libc-20010701.

I also try to compile gdb5.0 for avr, but seems that isn't supported. There
are some files about avr, but in makefiles i can't found any form to set avr
as target, and in the release changes doesn't appear avr as new platform. I
think that must left some work to use avr in the native distribution.

In other hand, i don't try yet the gdb4.18 with avr patches, is possible
that i try it this weekend. I've also search for a avr simulator under
linux. Have you seen someone ?

    Grettings

    Daniel Quintero
    address@hidden