avr-gcc-list

Re: [avr-gcc-list] frame error

From: john . johnson
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] frame error
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 17:03:33 -0400

[ my response - to add to Peter Bosscha's]

Peter mentions "sort of Ack/Nack protocol" and I agree.

I suggest that one could do a search on these protocols and maybe even find
some source code through it probably would have to be modified for the AVR.

Start with common keywords such as XMODEM, YMODEM, ZMODEM and KERMIT though
the last one may date me, I found it to be less efficient than the others
but
more reliable.

This search may even turn up some theory which would be beyond the scope of
this list.

[ original from Torsten Hahn ]

if i understand it right, the FE (Frame Error) Bit in the UCSR0A detects a
"wrong" transmission with the usart interface. If i transfer data over the
serial line to/from pc, is it possible to handle such errors in an
intelligent way? May it be possible to force e.g. the pc to transfer the
wrong data again ?

John Johnson

avr-gcc-list at http://avr1.org