avr-gcc-list

Re: [avr-gcc-list] jtag and gdb

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] jtag and gdb
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 23:08:52 +0200

> >P.S. No Codes for stk500 from atmel, no jtag codes from atmel. In hope
> >there
> >will come another uC with good features and with good service. No
> >problem to
> >switch to next uC architecture! Allways Atmel answers: Info comes soon.
> >So I wait more than a year for informations requested. Grrrr!
>
> The info will become available sometime in the near future, probably not
> >from atmel though ;)
>
> The JTAGICE is okay and even seems well priced, that is until you realise
> it's actually just a mega163 and some level shifting.

I read here that the tool costs 300 EUR. Is that well priced for
one 163 and level shifting? OK, Software has to be payed, but is atmel a
hard or a software company? I thougt they want to sale controllers :-(
OK, we have to do again the reengeneering stuff like stk500. But why?
A lot of time to spend for nothing. I spend the time also
in searching another controller type!

Bye
        Klaus
avr-gcc-list at http://avr1.org