avr-gcc-list

Re: [avr-gcc-list] mega128 series 0220 buggy

From: Anton Erasmus
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] mega128 series 0220 buggy
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 20:51:19 +0200

On 22/7/2002 at 07:55 Jason Kyle wrote:

>At 01:12 22/07/2002, you wrote:
>>The first chip from that series (we got 14) got broken flash and fuse
>segment
>>after 20 erase/program cycles.
>>
>>The second one had a memory bug ( would read an 0xff as 0x7f ).
>>
>>The third one seems to work.
>>
>>The chips run at 16Mhz. I can't lower the clock, because I'm tied to
>DMX512
>>baud-rate, whilst 8Mhz seems to slow for computation.
>
>You can run at 6 or 12MHZ and achieve 250kbps by using the x2 UART mode,
>perhaps 12MHz might work for your application.

When I started using the ATMega128, I had difficulty in programming, and
ended up writing some JTAG programming software. This has been 100%
reliable and very much faster than SPI programming. There has been not even
been a hint of a problem with programming the ATMega128. With testing of my
JTAG programming software, I must have re-programmed the same ATMega128
100s of times without any problems.

Regards
   Anton

avr-gcc-list at http://avr1.org