avr-gcc-list

[avr-gcc-list] switch and integer

From: frantz Capiez
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] switch and integer
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 11:07:26 +0200

Hello,

I'am use the latest version of compiler 3.3 and I'am searching to have the best optimize code (problem of realtime) with an atmega8. My question is:

Why the switch() case opcode is tested always with an integer (for going to case) even if parameter inside the  switch  is a char or unsigned char. (Of course, if option -mint8 is placed, switch() works with a byte and all seems ok but others problems appears).
 Has anyone can say me where I can find and correct (for my local copy of gcc)  into avr.md or have an  idea for change this behavior  ?

Thank you in advance

Frantz