avr-gcc-list

Re: [avr-gcc-list] libc.a & fread

From: Christoph Plattner
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] libc.a & fread
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 22:13:43 +0200

You are right. Those functions are not supported.

Why ? The answer is very simple. We have a standalone
controller without any file system and without device
drivers for console, etc....

So those calls cannot be present.

I am working on a OS for a longer time now (months by
month I have no time to continue), but my OS should
become open source.

The point of my OS in contrast to others:
I want to have a standard POSIX conform interface AND
and real socket interface, so that the programming
model is similar to Linux and other UNIX systems !

Of course, it will be only a subset of all functions.
But it includes multitasking, of course, and a
protocol stack for LAN!

Christoph P.

private:        address@hidden
company:        address@hidden