avr-gcc-list

[avr-gcc-list] Re: STK500 acting strangely

From: Ewout
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Re: STK500 acting strangely
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 08:11:27 +1200 (NZST)

Thanks for the tip. When attempting to do what you
suggested, I could not read the signature. Then I
managed to erase the flash the AT90S8535 (which acts
as the controller on the STK500). I found the proper
ihex firmware file on the AVR Studio install. The
board is up and running again!

I am still puzzled how the firmware gave up. I didn't
do anything abnormal to it, basically just uploaded
files into the target processor. I thought the
firmware area of the controller processor was
completely out of bounds when working with the target.

Ewout

>Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 14:34:58 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Colin O'Flynn <address@hidden>
>To: address@hidden
>Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] stk500 board acting
>strangely
>Message: 9

>Hi,

>A quick thing to test is do this:

>1]Power off STK500
>2]hold down "program" button
>3]Power up STk500
>4]In AVR-Studio goto "Tools -> AVR Prog"
>5]Go to the "advanced" tab and see if you can read
the

http://search.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Search