avr-gcc-list

Re: [avr-gcc-list] Table in bootloader section

From: E . Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Table in bootloader section
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 16:58:40 GMT

> On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Marko Panger AGB Lab wrote:
>
> > Hello !
> >
> > I have already posted this but nobody solved this, so I
am trying once
> > again:
> >
> > I would like to put an pre-defined array in the
bootloader section. I
> > know how to place code in the bootloader section, but I
am unable to put
> > an array in the same section.
> >
> > prog_char table[] __attribute__ ((section
(".bootloader"))) = {1,2,3,4,5};

> > The file compile well, but the table is not in the
supposed section.

> Did you try specifying where the .bootloader section
starts ...

The issue is that table is not in the section .bootloader,
but is automatically put into the .progmem.data section. If
I understand it correctly, the OP wants to put the data in
a seperate section in program memory and then relocate that
section (to any address). Correct me if I'm wrong, but the
__progmem__ attribute (specified with the prog_char
typedef) does not allow arbitrary section names.

Eric