avr-gcc-list

Re: [avr-gcc-list] Debug with AVRStudio4?

From: Wolfgang Wegner
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Debug with AVRStudio4?
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 13:09:39 +0100

Hi,
On 7 Sep 2005 at 12:36, Torleif Sandnes wrote:
> Your problem may be that you are compiling with optimization on.
> Try to use -O0 instead of -Os, -O1 or whatever you are using.
> You could also just remove the -O flag altogether.
the problem is that I can not remove the -O, because the code gets
too big then. I have to use at least -O1.

I do not know if it is really the optimization - it was sometimes
difficult to find the exact location and such with IAR-compiled code,
but it worked - now I end up in the completely wrong function (some
100 lines away), so I assume it is not only optimization but a
somewhat more basic problem.

Is there anything special concerning preprocessing etc. I might have
a look at?

Regards,
Wolfgang