avr-gcc-list

[avr-gcc-list] Code version timestamp

From: epasquier
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Code version timestamp
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 12:07:22 +0200

Dear All,

I would like to display a "code version" (date/time or incremental number)
during init on an LCD display.
Does anybody know if there is any information in the executable (ROM file) that
I can use at runtime (updated by the linker for example) ?

If no, does anybody know how to implement this ?
I was thinking to generate an asm code using a script in the make, but seems to
be complicated.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Eric.