avr-gcc-list

Re: [avr-gcc-list] Is there a recommended way of dealing with updates &

From: Royce Pereira
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Is there a recommended way of dealing with updates & different versions of avr-libc in WinAVR - Sorted
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:19:51 +0530

Hi all,

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 04:52:25 +0530, Don Ingram <address@hidden> wrote:
According to Bingo at avrfreaks.com ...

1 : Backup/Copy your <WinAVR>/avr directory to a safe place ,
or at least the "lib and include" directories within the <WinAVR>/avr directory as they are going to be overwritten (deleted) following this
     procedure.

2:  Unzip the avr-libc-bin-1.2.6.zip somewhere , it will make an
avr-libc-bin-1.2.6 directory that contains three directories named bin,lib and include. The lib and include contains the new avr-libc (in lib) , and the corresponding header files (in include) , in bin is some kind of
     manual.

3:  MAKE sure you did step 1 !!!!!!!

4: In the <WinAVR>/avr directory , delete or move the two directories named lib
     and include , so you will end up with just a bin directory.
You still need the bin directory , as that is where the avr tools and the
     compiler is located.

5:  Now copy the three directories from step 2 , into the <WinAVR>/avr

-- 3 directories ? I thought we had moved/deleted only 2 (lib & include).

Regards,

--Royce.