avr-gcc-list

Re: [avr-gcc-list] How to program EEPROM using avarice?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] How to program EEPROM using avarice?
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 13:46:09 +0100 (MET)

"Jahagirdar Gopal-AGJ005" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am using Atmega 128 and avarice to write the flash, How can I
> program EEPROM using avarice?

I don't think you can.  At least not the straightforward way.  (It
might be possible using GDB together with avarice, and modify the
EEPROM from there.  But then, it's quite possible that isn't
implemented either, I'm not so sure about it offhand.)

In the long run, I see programming (up-/downloading) completely in
avrdude's domain, let's avarice concentrate on debugger support
instead.

Right now, the JTAG ICE mkI handling for avrdude is not yet released
though.  I've already got it prototyped on my disk, but it still needs
debugging.

p.s.: Don't append fullquotes below your message.  It makes you look
*really* silly.