avr-gcc-list

Re: [avr-gcc-list] ld: crts8515.o: No such file; with avr-gcc under Linu

From: Günter Dannoritzer
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] ld: crts8515.o: No such file; with avr-gcc under Linux
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 03:39:34 +0100

Eric Weddington wrote:

You need to use the -mmcu= option for the link stage too, and specify your microcontroller type.

I actually used that Makefile with WinAVR before and it always worked. I tried it with the broken installation and it did not make any difference.

Now I am always a bit confused with the linker options. Do I need to add that to the -Wl switch or just pass it to avr-gcc?

So is this the right way:

  avr-gcc -mmcu=at90s8515 -Wl...

or does it need to be:

  avr-gcc -Wl,mmcu=at90s8515